This entry-level position is for “new-to-the-industry” personnel. This level position is intended to perform as an assistant to an experienced technician. This position, under specific direction from the site supervisor, or his/her designee, maintains photovoltaic power plants, including but not limited to preventative maintenance and repairs as needed.
Reports to: Site Supervisor
Division/Department: Solar – Operations & Maintenance
Location: Odonnell, TX
Solar Technicians spend 95% of their time in the field and 5% in the office, excluding safety; supervisor and scheduled training exercises. Solar Technicians may work in teams or individually, and are provided a company vehicle (service truck) in which they carry the required tools and parts necessary to perform repairs and/or maintenance on photovoltaic power plants in multiple solar fields on any given day. Generally, Service Technicians work in extreme weather conditions. 25% travel may be required.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Create and maintain a safe working environment. Work safely under all circumstances and seek guidance for any work for which they are unfamiliar or do not feel competent to perform safely.
• Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
• Perform preventative maintenance on utility scale photovoltaic power plants
• Perform unscheduled repairs on utility scale PV power plants.
• Replace mechanical and electrical components.
• Complete on a daily basis, maintenance logs and service books, work orders, time cards, and any other required paperwork or computerwork for the specific project/assignment.
• Participate in the 24hr/weekly “On Call” rotation.
• All other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor and manager or their designee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school or equivalent and up to one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Successfully complete applicable safety and technical training program for the entry level solar technician.
• Able to demonstrate basic computer skills: Internet, excel, word, etc.
• Able to demonstrate basic network troubleshooting skills
• Able to follow both written and verbal instructions.
• Able to work without direct supervision
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Stand, climb, use hands or fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Able to work at heights, including climbing up and climbing down ladders.
• Able to work in an electrical environment. This may have been achieved through formal training, previous work experience, or the ability to demonstrate electrical skills.
• Able to operate company vehicles (field trucks), both onsite as well as on public roads and highways. Must have a current driver’s license with a good DMV printout.
• Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to attendance, and maintaining a neat and orderly work environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to:
• Extreme weather conditions, including: heat, rain, wind, ect.
• May be exposed to confined spaces.
• Extremely bright sunlight.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace
and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply