This key management role has responsibility for oversight, leadership and management of the OCC Team. The individual will report to the Operations Technology Director and will lead and support the team to ensure compliance with business processes and contribute to performance improvements within the OCC that align with department and corporate strategy.
Reports to: Director Operational Technologies
Location: San Diego, CA
90% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of SCADA and ERP software, SAP, Monarch or similar reporting software, MS Word, and MS Excel), phones, and general office equipment. 10% of the time is spent travelling to visit suppliers, project sites and attending conferences.
• Oversee the delivery of the control room service and ensure delivery of operational KPI’s
• Deliver effective team leadership, management, and
• Manage the P&L accounts of the OCC and alignment with the budget
• Ensure operating systems are functioning correctly and are fit for purpose
• Ensure the efficient and correct system use by staff
• Communicate effectively with the control room team and liaise effectively with the operational management teams with in OT (Services, SIG, NERC Compliance)
• Contribute to maintaining effective customer relationships and foster effective relationships with frontline OCC staff
• Review effectiveness of training and recruitment of control room staff
• Assure OCC adheres to compliance standards, regulations, industry trends, and customer requirements
• Bachelors degree in Business Management, Engineering or related field, MBA preferred
• 5+ years of experience working in a control room in a management role leading teams to constantly achieve company objectives
• 3+ years of experience working in operations of electrical generation field- thermal, hydro or renewables
• 3+ years of experience in RTO, system operators, NERC regulations, utility electrical generation relationships and regulations preferred
• Knowledge with high voltage systems, transmission systems or collection systems
• IT communication, SCADA, etc. process management
• The ability to communicate and present with/to all levels, from senior management to operational staff
• Target and KPI focused yet able to deliver whilst maintaining employee engagement
• Excellent people and performance management skills: motivate, coach, develop, inspire
• Analytical and quality focused – able to produce accurate management information
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply