Provide engineering support in the design, construction, and ongoing maintenance of SCADA systems for utility and commercial renewable power plants. Perform assigned tasks and activities for development, design, implementation, testing, and operation of project specific SCADA deliverables. Provide SCADA engineering and support for the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) and Operations Control Center (OCC) Teams in maintaining the SCADA systems for EDF RE owned and third-party customer renewable energy projects. Responsible for performing a variety of complex technical duties in the administration and maintenance of SCADA systems and their supporting networks. Will demonstrate increasingly responsible professional experience in all the software and hardware aspects of utility SCADA applications, integration, security, and control, including application development, cyber security, and networking practices/concepts.
Reports to: Manager, SCADA Integration Group
Division/Department: Operations & Maintenance/SCADA Support
Location: San Diego, CA
75% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various AutoCAD, GSI, and Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. Up to 25% of time is spent outside of the office, assessing existing and potential sites, working on specific projects, etc.
• Integrate existing OEM SCADA systems data feeds into EDF RS’ operational environment
• Develop and support visualization tools and alarming solutions for the organization
• Develop, execute, and maintain implementation processes and test procedures on new projects SCADA systems and telemetry
• Communicate and ensure that vendor systems meet the SCADA and Communication systems technical requirements
• Develop, manage, and execute the SCADA commissioning tests on completion of projects, validating that all data points are within tolerance and accurate
• Working closely with other EDF RE business units to review the comprehensive list of power plant monitoring points, metering/communications protocols, and hardware specifications that fulfill the needs of all key project stakeholders
• Supporting the development and design of SCADA human machine interface (HMI) for monitoring real time data, acknowledging alarms and controlling set points.
• Perform required RTU or SCADA configuration and programming changes as required.
• Monitor and maintain project telemetry systems
• Other duties as assigned
• MS/BS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering combined with work experience within the renewable energy industry. Possess knowledge of principles and practices of electrical engineering
• Extensive Experience with one or many SCADA systems used in the renewable energy business (GE Wind SCADA, Visupro, VestasOnline Business, REguard, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of Industrial communication protocols (OPC, Modbus, IEC 61850/60870, DNP3, etc.)
• Knowledge in Cybersecurity and computing system protection; NERC, NIST, and other Cybersecurity standards and regulations; instrumentation and controls engineering, and networking systems.
• Experience with OSIsoft PI and a 5 years’ experience with wind and solar power plant control systems (PLC, RTU, PC, CDS)
• Prior work in energy industry involving system installations and designs
• A quick learner with an ability to synthesize information from different sources
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, especially with respect to explaining technical matters in non-technical language.
• Computer skills including AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
• Willingness to travel within the identified region. Travel is anticipated to be up to approximately 25% of the work schedule.
• Ability to work independently in troubleshooting and resolving complex operational issues in a timely manner
• Skilled at developing and executing test plans, scripts and procedures
• Experience in software program design and development
• Ability to effectively multi-task/prioritize/react in dynamic demanding environments requiring clear thinking processes and prompt results
• Availability to take part in a technical support rotation and provide support services outside of normal business hours
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply