The SCADA System Administrator is responsible for the performance of our Operations Control Center’s (OCC) Central Monarch SCADA system. The responsibilities include system maintenance, troubleshooting, system upgrades and change management as well as documentation and testing. Develops new capabilities and enhancements based on end-user (OCC) needs and requirements, improving operational awareness, productivity and efficiencies.
Reports to: Control Center SCADA Manager
Division/Department: SCADA Integration Group (SIG)
Location: San Diego, CA
Monarch System Administrator spends 95% of their time in the office with 5% of their time spent in off-site training, conferences, or field site visits in support of their project responsibilities.
• Provide support to the centralized SCADA system and maintain high availability and reliability.
• Interface with Vendor’s technical support teams where required to provide timely solutions to system problems.
• Maintain up to date system documentation.
• Use Change Management tools in place and provide release notes, documenting changes and improvements.
• Lead the SCADA testing process and its HMI development activities.
• Lead Periodic Meetings with the team to present and coordinate weekly changes to the system
• Integrate new sites under contract in a timely manner
• Develop, supply and present training material to the operations group personnel
• Collaborate with user groups to identify problems as well as desired features, communicate requirements, analyze source system data, and validate system outputs, processes and reporting data.
• Work with the NERC compliance team and software vendors in order to document and validate that systems in place meet existing and upcoming compliance requirements.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with an electrical focus
• 2 to 5 years progressive experience in an industrial IT environment with the following tools:
o Expertise of the OSI Monarch SCADA software suite.
o Working knowledge of MS SQL and other relational databases
o Working knowledge of OEM SCADA systems used in the utility industry
o Knowledge of Industrial communication protocols (OPC, Modbus, IEC 61850/60870, DNP3, etc.) a plus
o Microsoft Windows Server technology and administration, Active directory knowledge, MCP certification an asset
• Advanced desktop skills required, including Windows and Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, Access, Visio and Outlook.
• Hands on knowledge of information query tools, such as PI DataLink, SQL or report writing tools, strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of OSIsoft’s PI System (PI Server, ACE, DataLink, Processbook, Notifications, PI Web Parts, etc.) an asset.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills; able to address business issues and conflicts in a professional, constructive, manner
• Ability to provide technical training to users of varying technical knowledge
• Strong problem solving skills – awareness on how to best approach problems in order to effectively solve them in a timely manner
• Working knowledge of NERC compliance standards an asset.
• Team skills that enables a good productive and collaborative environment
• Availability to take part in a technical support rotation and provide support services outside of normal business hours.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply