Responsibilities include providing technical support, testing and evaluation of software applications and systems in the development, implementation, and operation of renewable energy plants under EDF RS’s management. Key function is to assure high quality of all systems (hardware, firmware, and software) associated with SCADA and plant control. Broad responsibility for ensuring all technical documentation, processes, and procedures are followed in accordance with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
Reports to: OCC Regulatory Manager
Division/Department: Operations Control Center (OCC)
Location: San Diego, CA
Working Conditions: SCADA QA Engineer spends 80% of their time in the office environment working with general office equipment and computer systems while 20% of the time is spent in traveling to EDF RS offices or field sites in support of SCADA activities.
• Design and execute manual and automated tests within various technologies. Supply necessary reports and documentation for internal and external audits.
• Maintain required test documentation in easily accessible, organized manner, verifying current revisions are available for employee access and review. Develop and use ECRM and other project tools to track and organize all documents.
• Provide data required to properly record and track content of SCADA Integration Group’s hardware, applications, device management (including credentials and access control), config files, firmware versioning and code management.
• Provides support to the SCADA and OCC staff including, but not limited to, daily interaction with both internal and external personnel, create, document and implement test procedures, track and report testing results, and audit support.
• Maintain a high degree of knowledge related to the operational and regulatory requirements as they relate to all OCC and SCADA activities
• Collaborate with business partners/analyst, project management and SCADA Integration Group engineering personnel to drive quality assurance efforts.
• Assist all SCADA Integration Group engineering personnel with maintaining testing documentation on all project work while maintaining a master technical records system.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• 2+ years programming experience with either C, C++, Java, Python, preference will be given to candidates which have experience in software QA testing
• College degree in a technical engineering discipline required
• 5+ years work experience in office environment with advancing responsibilities and a technical focus
• Experience working within Windows operating system
• Independent, analytical, self-motivated with the ability to interact with other departments and external sources
• Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain composure and communicate effectively in stressful situations
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with minimal supervision
• General knowledge of State and Federal regulations, NERC Standards and company procedures
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Professional Suite. Solid background in the development and use of Excel Spreadsheets, MS-SQL databases, and Word documents to professionally create, manage and report all compliance documentation
• Must be able to clear a 7 year background check
• Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to attendance, and maintaining a neat and orderly work environment.
We are proud to be an EE/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply