Works directly with the Asset Managers, Operations and Maintenance personnel, Project Managers and fellow Performance and Reliability Engineering team members to specify, develop and maintain advanced analytical methods, tools and solutions.
Reports to: Director, Performance and Reliability Engineering
Division/Department: Performance and Reliability Engineering
Location: San Diego, CA
Eighty percent of time is spent in the office environment, attending meetings, conference calls, utilizing computers, phones, and general office equipment. Twenty percent of the time is spent outside of the office, attending conferences, seminars and meeting with internal and external stakeholders.
• Serve as a primary point of contact for EDF-RE on specifying, developing and maintaining advanced analytical methods, tools and solutions.
• Query multiple databases to compile, merge, analyze and periodically report on causes of decreased performance and reliability.
• Identify and manage technical issues and corrective actions using internal subject matter experts and/or external resources as required.
• Perform fleet reliability analysis on renewable assets to quantify future risk of failure and operational expense.
• Attend meetings with OEMs and vendors as required to correct performance and reliability issues.
• Participate in meetings at Construction to COD handoff to ensure that data and database deliverables are met.
• Using historical data trends and events, develop and maintain methods to predict and prevent future losses of performance and reliability.
• Create, edit and maintain technical requirement and specification documents as needed.
• Develop and maintain stored procedures, views, or other algorithms to calculate key performance indicators
• Develop and optimize database performance through advanced indexing and/or partitioning schemes.
• Develop SSIS or other ETL methods to centralize and merge disparate data
• Develop test cases for algorithms prior to deployment in an enterprise ready environment
• Collect and maintain configuration database inclusive of make, model and serial numbers for all major components on assigned assets.
• Attend engineering change management reviews for changes to documents, software, firmware, hardware, etc.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Performance and Reliability Engineering.
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or related degree.
• Two+ years’ experience in querying, merging and analyzing disparate data sources.
• Working knowledge of Life Data Analysis calculations.
• Demonstrated proficiency in SQL development, working knowledge of OSI Pi, R, Reliasoft Weibull++, Tableau and/or Python a plus.
• Working knowledge of equipment utilized in the renewable energy sector inclusive of utility scale wind turbines, solar panels, inverters substations and revenue meters.
• Working knowledge with at least one wind OEM’s SCADA system
• Ability to present and effectively communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to work independently and with a team to develop innovative solutions to technical problems.
• Ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office Suite, (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Ability to climb ladders and work at heights >80 meters.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply