The Program Manager represents the owner on the Project Team and is responsible for delivering EDF RE projects safely, on time, to budget and to required specifications and quality standards. He/she takes an integrated view of the project and forges strong links between all internal and external project stakeholders to ensure a consistent and coordinated approach at every stage of the project. The Program Manager is also responsible for maintaining a cooperative, motivated and successful team and ensures that the project is effectively resourced and resources are allocated and utilized in an efficient manner.
Reports to: Director, Program Management
Location: San Diego, CA
Work time is primarily spent in the office environment (75%), utilizing computers as well as other office equipment. At least monthly travel to project site(s) is required (25%).
• Establishes project organization, including operational and contractual links between stakeholders, project team structure and communication, high-level roles and responsibilities as well as critical recurring project meetings.
• Generates and maintains a comprehensive project schedule and ensures stakeholders and activities are coordinated and integrated. Approves all schedule changes.
• Identifies and manages critical path and develops, implements corrective and preventive actions.
• Develops and manages project budget and cash flow schedule including financial securities detailing requirements for letters of credit, parent guarantees, bonds and other financial security instruments and coordinates establishment of such securities with the treasury department. Approves all changes to established budget.
• Secures required investment approvals from EDF RE, EDF EN and EDF SA through close collaboration with Management and key project stakeholders. Gate approvals include but are not limited to Project Dossier, execution and issuance of Limited Notice to Proceed/Notice to Proceed for major equipment and services contracts.
• Establishes, maintains, monitors and reports on key project financial indicators. Validates financial proforma model inputs and works with Valuations & Analytics and Project Finance groups to periodically update the model.
• Monitors and reports on project compliance with approved investment parameters such as UIRR, NPV and Total Project Cost. Develops and implements corrective and preventive actions to ensure project meets or exceeds approved financial metrics. Additionally, Program Manager identifies revenue and cost opportunities to maximize project shareholder value.
• Assumes primary liaison role withal departments within the company such as the finance group, including Treasury, FCP&A, Accounting, Tax and Project Finance. Ensures the project receives required support from the finance team and in turn collaborates with the aforementioned groups to satisfy corporate finance reporting and compliance requirements. Key responsibilities include project capitalization, cash and accrual forecasting, SAP PR approvals, cost account segregation, job cost report reviews & updates, and IPODE reports.
• Actively participates in Tax Equity financing and Divestiture & Sale of Structured Assets strategy development and implementation.
• Consistently identifies, evaluates, and monitors project risks and develops and implements risk mitigation strategies. This includes working with EDF RE Risk Management and Contract Management groups to identify contractual and other project risks and securing adequate insurance and liability protection in accordance with EDF RE risk management policy.
• Institutes proper communication channels and forums to ensure free and timely flow of relevant information amongst all internal and external project stakeholders, including recurring and ad-hoc reports to management.
• Ensures project compliance with all contracts, agreements and permits by reviewing and approving clear contract and permit management responsibilities matrix established by Contracts management and Development.
• Approves scopes of work and technical specifications and ensures establishment of adequate QA/QC oversight to verify that the project meets or exceeds instituted specifications and EDF RE quality standards.
• Ensures record keeping and documentation management are implemented in an effective and efficient manner pursuant to EDF RE policy Project Financing, and DSSA requirements.
• Oversees RFP process and schedule for major goods and services procurement contracts and leads negotiation of commercial contract terms. Approves contractor selection for shortlist and contract award. Approves all contract amendments and change orders.
• Ensures project compliance with regulatory requirements (FERC, NERC, etc.)
• Establish and maintain an ongoing Lessons Learned Program with the goal to achieve continuous improvement.
• Manages handover of the facility including all project related documents to the project owner or its representative (Asset Manager).
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Projects Owners or the Director of Program Management.
• Works hand in hand with all Managers within his/her team (Dev Manager; Contracts Manager; Asset Manager; Engineering Manager; Construction Manager) to secure that all decisions are optimal for all parties. May need to arbitrate in some cases.
• Collaborates with the construction manager to develop the most efficient construction plan (schedule, contractor, site team) to achieve safe, quality, on schedule and on budget construction works.
• High energy, self-motivated, client focused individual with 5+ years in Development and Construction projects with an emphasis on high profile projects ($250+ million value).
• Minimum of 7+ years in program and/or contract management and/or equivalent experience.
• Expert knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, change management, and document controls procedures required.
• Good knowledge of Primavera software products
• Superior working knowledge of the MS Project application.
• Superior knowledge of Visio, MS Access, Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
• Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication skills required.
• Outstanding presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with marquee clients
• Experience with Scope and Work Program Development and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
• Deep experience with Budgets/Scheduling
• Willing to travel up to 75% of time. Usual travel 25 to 50%
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple primes and subcontractor relationships simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple people from all types of fields of expertise
• Previous experience in energy development, specifically Renewable Energy projects strongly preferred.
• Master’s Degree or other advanced degree (JD) in combination with Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or Construction Science.
• PMI Certification strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of risk evaluation and statistical modeling a plus.
• 5+ years of complex prime and subcontract administration.
• Extensive experience with contract types such as, EPC, ASA, PPA, O & M and Interconnection.
• Experience with incentive based contracting preferred
• Extensive experience in project finance and project cost reporting.
• Demonstrated ability in finance, economics, deal structure or accounting.
• Experience within a project control environment.
• Experience with due diligence, M&A and emerging renewable energy technologies
• 5+ years of increasingly responsible project engineering/project management experience.
• 5+ years managing directly managing small work groups
• 5+ years of demonstrated PM experience in a matrix organization
• Experience with post acquisition integration of projects
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply