Reporting to the Accounting Director, the Market Transactions Credit Risk Analyst has the overall responsibility for administering the market purchaser credit portfolio and associated offtake counterparty analysis at EDF Renewable Energy. He/She therefore has to be able to apply comprehensive underwriting, research, analysis, and various reporting skills related to the functions prescribed by the EDF Renewable Energy Risk Management Policy.
Reports to: Director, Accounting
Division/Department: Corporate Finance / Accounting
Location: San Diego
100% in office
• Interpretation of business and commercial requirements of the Risk Oversight Committee, and partnership with business stakeholders, such as the Risk Manager and Asset Manager to receive, advise on, and effectuate the following:
o Acting as primary Risk Oversight Committee Liaison for corporate finance, and Middle Office EMA contact as needed;
o Responsible for review, recommendations, and analysis of counterparty and offtake risk for project contracts;
o Responsible for seller/EDF RE compliance with offtake credit requirements as needed from offtake requirements, both contractual and statutory, as needed;
o Assess GAAP project company and EDF RE accounting impacts for commodity, capacity, transmission, REC, etc. products, and documentation of the same; and
o Maintenance of the EDF RE counterparty risk dashboard for offtake counterparty monitoring, and reporting of the same.
• Responsible for the Dodd Frank reporting for SEC reporting compliance of counterparty requirements of offtake agreements;
• Responsible for advising and documenting positions on FIN 46 and ASC 810 position analysis for hedge/EMA agreements on origination opportunities;
• Origination support for our development and energy efficiency solutions teams in relation to accounting and credit/counterparty compliance;
• Implementation and execution of internal SOPs, IFRS + GAAP technical guidance, limitations diary, and execute all required processes;
• Implementation of objectives to ensure all departmental deliverables to ensure timeliness and relevance, especially with parent and investor reporting;
• Execute knowledge management and branding objectives as set forth by Director
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other relevant commercial subject matter
• 5-10 years of progressive experience in banking, portfolio/asset based lending, private equity, or other analytics / underwriting based financial sector
• Active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or FINRA Series 24, Series 7 , or Series 63 exam certification
• Experience with counterparty risk and experience on risk adjusted return modelling (RAROC modelling) and the monitoring of the same.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply