The Manager OCC is responsible for the day-to-day functions of the Operations Control Center (OCC) and in efficiently managing its contractual requirements and meeting customer expectations. The Manager OCC oversees personnel functions related to the 24/7/365 real-time operation of the Control Center. The Manager OCC interfaces with internal field service staff and external customers to ensure compliance to all regulatory and operational requirements across multiple renewable energy plants.
Reports to: Director, Operational Technologies (OT)
Division/Department: Operations and Maintenance / OT / OCC
Location: San Diego, CA
The Manager OCC spends most of the time in an office setting, including substantial time within the Control Center. The Manager OCC may be required to travel < 10% of the time for new project start-ups, training or conferences, and meetings with customers.
• The implementation and supervision of Internal Control is under the responsibility of every manager within his/her scope of authority.
• Ensure a safe working environment at all times, especially related to activities within the OCC that affect field personnel.
• Interact with customers and regulatory bodies in order to meet all compliance requirements.
• Understand the functioning of all systems used by OCC staff in performing their roles.
• Oversee and manage personnel functions for the OCC including scheduling, staffing, disciplinary actions, and hiring/termination.
• Develop and maintain processes and procedures for the OCC. Ensure project guidelines are maintained and accurate for real-time monitoring and control of all plants.
• Integrate new projects into the OCC on a timely basis fully meeting all contractual and compliance requirements.
• Create and maintain required reporting per contractual obligations.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Must have a working knowledge of IT systems, with a technical or IT degree preferred.
• 5+years’ experience in control center operations, monitoring and controlling energy generation projects with proficient management of multiple shift employees.
• Direct understanding of and experience with NERC, FERC and system operator requirements. NERC Certification required or the ability to attain certification within 12 months, RC preferred.
• Must be able to work within a real-time fast-paced environment while maintaining a steady, stable demeanor handling multiple priorities.
• Must demonstrate excellent leadership, coaching and managerial skills developing staff throughout deliberate training programs.
• Must demonstrate strong organizational skills, be disciplined and hold oneself to a high standard of accountability.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Training in SQL Databases is beneficial. Familiarity with OSII Monarch software platform a plus.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply