This position is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing all mechanical equipment at an anaerobic digestion natural gas production plant. Job tasks will range from routine maintenance to complex mechanical troubleshooting, use of precision measurement tools, and site labor. In the absence of the I&C technician, this position will report to the Plant Superintendent and in their absence to the Shift Supervisor.
Reports to: I&C Technician
Division/Department: Operations & Maintenance
Location: La Salle, CO
This position is required to work in all areas of the plant site, both indoors and outdoors. Share "call-in" duties with other plant personnel. Some travel required. Work in confined spaces and at heights greater than 30 ft. required. Work with high and low pressure natural gas systems, water systems, thick slurry feedstock systems, and complex integrated systems .Work with chemicals is required. Work with high pressure gasses is required.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use written and oral communication skills, read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve complex problems, observe and interpret situations, use math and mathematical reasoning; deal with changing, intensive deadlines, and interact with internal and external clients. Must be able to concentrate while under time constraints.
The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and wet or humid conditions. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, potential risk of electrical shock and vibration.
At the Plant facility and in/out door environment, must be able to work in adverse conditions that may include, but not be limited to the following:
• May be exposed to hazards associated with power and hand tools, dust, fumes, high pressure gas and water, confined spaces; and may be regularly subject to external environmental conditions such as cold, heat dust, snow or noise and fumes from equipment or chemicals.
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to climb stairs, ladders, and work on elevated platforms. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Must be willing to tolerate awkward and stretched positions while stooping, crouching, or kneeling to perform daily duties.
• Work overtime, and irregular hours as needed to support reliable operation of the facility. From time to time the working hours will be determined on short notice based on plant requirements.
• Ability to handle quick changing situations under stress and to work extended hours on short notice if and when required.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color distinction with vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Noise levels are moderately loud and may vary in various areas of the plant site.
• Must be able to work around high voltage.
• Must have manual dexterity and ability to manipulate keyboards.
• Must be capable of wearing respirators and working in dusty environments, such as Confined Spaces.
• Performs repair and maintenance work following blueprint sketches and procedures involving such tasks as drilling, tapping, fabricating, welding (MIG, TIG & Stick), machinery alignment and quality control.
• Identifies mechanical design, machinery improvements or problems and recommends modifications necessary for resolution.
• Maintains various mechanical equipment associated with Biogas production.
• Generates preventive and corrective maintenance procedures.
• Develops schedule, frequency, resource task lists for all preventative maintenance to minimize production loss time and maximize preventative maintenance effectiveness.
• Manages equipment consumables, spares, and related support services for assigned tools.
• Operates a wide variety of construction equipment, power equipment, hand tools and perform rigging and staging erection.
• Performs preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance on equipment, coordinating work with various team members.
• Establishes and reports on equipment performance metrics, spares and consumable usage, and component life times.
• Maintains accurate records and logs on all equipment maintenance activities.
• Designs and installs new equipment and/or system modifications.
• Schedule, coordinate, work with and monitors contractors on specific tasks as required.
• Trains other team members in the areas of maintenance and repairs.
• Performs Operations tasks on an as-needed basis and other tasks as assigned.
• Be available within a reasonable response time for emergency call-ins and overtime.
• Provide an acceptable off-hour contact cell phone number or carry a company provided cell phone.
• Respond to alarms in a timely manner; operate firefighting equipment as necessary and within reason.
• Performs other comparable duties during plant shutdowns.
• Maintain professional competence in the field of gas plant operations.
• Maintain a safe work environment though job planning, housekeeping and identification and correction of hazards.
• Adhere to all applicable health & safety, environmental and administrative policies, procedures and regulations.
• Attend morning, monthly and quarterly meetings.
• Attend training, implement and pursue personal development goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Valid Driver’s license.
• 12 years formal education (High School Graduate) or equivalent.
• Four years of experience as a mechanic/machinist, preferably in a industry environment.
• Ability to use standard mechanical tools and measurement devices.
• Knowledge in Welding, Millwright Work, Lubrications, Hydraulics, Valves, Parts, Tools and other items related to the industry and maintenance.
• Ability to understand CMMS systems and work item tracking and reporting.
• Knowledge of safe work practices associated with a power plant environment.
• Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral team member.
• Experience with developing and producing maintenance specifications and procedures.
• Must have strong communication skills and the ability to effectively organize and facilitate process teams.
• Ability to understand contractual issues as they relate to plant operations and maintenance.
• Travel to other plant locations and to corporate may be required.
• Knowledge in Balance of Plant systems start-up, normal operation, emergency, and shutdown of plant.
• Thorough knowledge of equipment isolation and LOTO procedures.
• Experience responding to plant abnormal situations, alarms, and emergencies.
• Thorough knowledge of the location, purpose and proper use of the plant safety equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, technical manuals and P&ID's.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply