The Legal Counsel is responsible for managing the due diligence process for acquisitions and in preparation for finance. This position will also support negotiations, drafting, and critical review of agreements documenting transactions involving the sale of purchase of power, assets, companies and environmental attributes, and related transactions for solar and wind power generating assets owned by the Company.
Reports to: EVP, Legal, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
Division/Department: Corporate Legal
Location: San Diego, CA
60% of the time is spent in a normal office environment, utilizing computers, including various Microsoft programs and other office equipment. 40% of the time is spent away from the office, representing EDF Renewable Energy, EDF Renewable Services, and EDF Energies Nouvelles at project related events, tradeshows, and visiting the regional offices as needed.
• Manage due diligence process for acquisitions and in preparation for financing.
• Support negotiations, drafting, and critical review of agreements documenting transactions involving the sale or purchase of power, assets, companies and environmental attributes, and related transactions for solar and wind power generating assets owned by the Company.
• Support negotiations, drafting and critical review of real estate documents.
• Support the negotiation, drafting and critical review of financing agreements, including debt and tax equity financing agreements.
• Support the negotiation, drafting and critical review of procurement and construction agreements.
• Support project development, operations and maintenance and asset management businesses of company by providing legal counsel and advice in the normal course of business.
• Prepare consulting services agreements, master services agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
• Manage outside legal counsel engaged to represent the Company.
• Assist and support others in legal department on an as-needed basis.
• JD from accredited Law school.
• Bar from one or more U.S. state bars.
• At least 3 years of corporate/real estate legal experience and prior experience in a law firm, government agency, or in-house legal department required. (Prior experience in renewable energy sector- preferred but not required).
• Excellent commercial drafting and negotiation skills.
• Flexibility and willingness to work on a variety of legal matters.
• Desire to learn about the renewable energy business.
• Ability to simultaneously manage a variety of assignments, work quickly and effectively under pressure and to prioritize activities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Some travel both domestic and internationally may be required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply