Responsible for partnering with Business Units and Functional Support teams and providing Human Resource leadership and execution in positive employee relations, HR compliance, talent management, compensation, training, employee development, and special projects. Lead the coordination of activities with HR Management in Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Benefits, Employee Development, Payroll and HRIS.
Reports to: VP, Human Resources
Division/Department: Human Resources
Location: San Diego, CA
95% of the time is spent in a normal office environment, utilizing computers, including various Microsoft programs and other office equipment. 5% of the time may be spent traveling either to EDF Renewable Energy regional offices, locations or projects; attending industry specific conferences or events, representing EDF Renewable Energy HR at presentations, etc.
• Work directly with the Vice President Human Resources to provide timely and effective HR support to Senior Management team members as well as the leadership teams for the identified business units and functional support teams within EDF Renewable Energy. This position
• Act as a consultant and business partner to business leaders to make informed human capital related decisions and develop strategy that will enhance business performance, acting as advisor and partner in the areas of employee relations, coaching & counseling, performance and development, organizational effectiveness, talent management.
• Advise managers on performance management including appropriate corrective counseling, training and development, and progressive discipline techniques and processes. Review documentation to ensure consistency with EDF Renewable Energy policies, procedures, and guiding principles. Involve the Legal department or senior HR leadership at the appropriate time.
• Actively lead and engage employees in evaluation of the employee relations climate and implement solutions to issues that arise. Counsel employees and managers on career planning, conflict resolution and work related challenges. Conduct stay and exit interviews to evaluate work climates and morale. Conduct investigations as needed in an objective and professional manner to determine corrective action.
• Lead the performance appraisal process for the assigned client groups.
• Develop and facilitate performance calibration process with assigned client groups to ensure effective and consistent performance management systems in place.
• Administer salary actions for assigned client groups under the HR Compensation team guidance. Ensure fair and competitive wage structure and actions. Lead annual salary review process with respective client groups. Coordinate recommendations and activities with the HR Compensation team to ensure organizational consistency and provide feedback on employee satisfaction and market issues.
• Administer all other HR policies and programs. Recommend and implement revisions to policies, programs and practices as needed. Ensure compliance with all state and federal statutes, laws and regulations including but not limited to all applicable wage and hour laws, and regulations related to FMLA, OSHA, EEO and ADA.
• Contribute actively to the development and implementation of overall HR strategy. Act as change agent in identifying opportunities to improve workforce and HR process effectiveness to enable business strategy and results.
• Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Human Resources and/or designee.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business, or related discipline preferred or comparable work experience.
• 5+ years’ of progressive HR generalist/ business partner experience is required.
• Demonstrated understanding of HR principles and practices, employment laws and regulations, and effectively leading comprehensive ER Investigations.
• Demonstrated experience defining and executing HR strategies.
• An HR related certification i.e. PHR, SPHR is preferred.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad/deep range of positions, including recruiting on a national, multi-location level.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of applications and the use of email.
• Must have the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply