EDF Renewable Energy is hiring a full stack software developer to design and build in-house database applications. The applications primarily support the energy assessment practice of our core business of renewable energy development. This position will interact with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure project success while ensuring on time and on budget delivery. The developer should be comfortable with project management as well as coding and implementation from every aspect in front of the data architecture to deliver beautiful and functional applications with an eye for easy user adoption via best in class UX/UI.
Reports to: Director, GIS Program
Division/Department: Resource Assessment
Location: San Diego, CA
Normal office environment. Spends approximately 10% of time away from the office. Travel includes but is not limited to visits to other EDF-RE locations, meetings with EDF-RE customers, organizational partners and clients, and others related to/interested in the renewable energy business.
• Design and development of application critical features and components
• Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to create beautiful, functional apps.
• Identify and select the right tools and frameworks for the job
• Collaborate across the organization to align platform capabilities with the technical vision and product and business needs
• Organize, hire, and manage database application development team
• Owner of platform and application quality, performance, and integrity
• Design and develop applications using core product APIs and server-client architectures to meet specific customer requirements.
• Work closely with project managers, team members and other stakeholders to analyze problems, define requirements, and develop solutions. Directly interfacing with internal customers to provide guidance and analytical insight.
• Deliver solutions using the basic tenants of agile software development, rapid prototyping, and iterative release.
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong interest in Renewable Energy and the environment
• Minimum of 5 years experience developing applications for a variety of purposes and technologies.
• Familiarity with creating and integrating to RESTful API platforms including but not limited to Laravel.
• Comfortable with using SQL based data architectures.
• Experience with IT security concepts such as SSL/TLS, tokens, and PKI
• Ability to create front-end interfaces for using device-aware, but device agnostic applications.
• Experience with disconnected syncing applications a plus.
• Familiarity with device specific viewing and interaction issues for iOS, Android.
• Understanding of database architecture and integration with applications
• The candidate should be self-starter, motivated, able to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment with a good understanding of software development standards and best practices.
• Basic fluency in French or Spanish a plus.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace
and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply