The Engineering & Construction Administrator will be responsible for supporting the activities associated with EDF RE’s projects during the pre-construction, engineering and construction steps of the projects. In addition, this person will be responsible for providing administrative support for the engineering / construction team and site management team.
Reports to: Senior Director of Engineering & Construction
Division/Department: Development / Implementation
Location: San Diego, CA
95% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of MS Office Suite, SAP, and SharePoint), phones, and general office equipment. 5% of the time is spent at a construction site office or contractor office in the commercial/industrial construction environment utilizing computers and construction documentation such as plans, specifications, contracts, schedules and other project control documents.
• Manage all engineering and construction services agreements prior to Implementation and give notice of agreements coming to term.
• Support project team in getting site staff for construction under contract and equipped with all standard office equipment.
• Support project team procure equipment and supplies for the construction sites using SAP or P-card.
• Manage company equipment and supplies transfer from one project to another.
• Process Non-Disclosure Agreements for engineering and construction teams.
• Support the engineering and construction team by maintaining an updated set of templates and forms utilized across all EDF RE projects.
• Coordinate Document sharing platform and intranet for the department.
• Provide standard template and guidance for close-out documentation on all construction projects.
• Support some project teams to close-out documentation at sites.
• Support the construction team to ensure that each new site team is provided the proper documentation at mobilization.
• Help select and train on-site administrative staff in regards to specific job duties, including but not limited to, document control, accounting support, SAP, and standard processes.
• Coordinate with project teams to maintain a document control system for all EDF RE projects in implementation.
• Collect and report key project safety metrics on a monthly basis for all projects and a quarterly basis for all contractors.
• Support of company initiatives, such as implementing new processes; quality and procedures or development of department specific tools.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the direct manager.
• 2+ years experience in Project or administrative support
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong knowledge of Documentation management.
• Clear understanding of project related contracts, documentation, stockholders and administrative steps.
• Capability to document and report project progress accurately
• Focus on safety, quality and customer service
• Demonstrated quality of excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Typically has some level of college education.
• Highly motivated self-starter, friendly personality, team player, with ability to lead by example
• Computer proficiency including SAP, Concur, SharePoint; , Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply