The Electrical Engineer is directly responsible for electrical engineering design review and support for the Development Team.
Reports to: Director of Engineering & Program Management
Location: San Diego, CA
80% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of Geographic/Topographic software, Engineering software, MS Office Suite, SAP), phones, and general office equipment. 20% of the time is spent in the field nationally and internationally, visiting potential and existing projects, recognizing and assessing the sites, and meeting with project team members.
• Serves as the subject matter expert for the electrical engineering standards and specifications across all of EDF RE’s project portfolio, as assigned by the Director of Engineering & Program Management.
• Functionally responsible for all pertinent electrical engineering subject matter issues during the project and accountable to the Project Engineering Manager.
• Responsible for representing engineering in all designated subject matter related matters across all projects, including attending the project meetings in person or by phone (as required).
• Reviews 3rd party designs/studies.
• Reviews and responds to RFI/submittals.
• Prepares internal engineering deliverables, such as preliminary single-line diagrams.
• Coordinates all external electrical engineering resources required to support project workload and to supplement areas of expertise.
• Communicates, reports and tracks key project deliverables assigned by the Project Engineering Manager.
• Propose continuous improvement and innovative solutions for the company.
• Performs QA/QC of electrical engineering work product (e.g. calculations, design reviews, RFI responses, etc.) and other deliverables from the internal and external consulting engineers.
• Supports proposal and estimating activities.
• Writes, edits and reviews the technical specifications and scope of work documents produced by the engineering department in the support of proposal, due diligence, estimating and contracting activities.
• Clearly communicates workload and timelines to project team.
• Assists, as requested, in the development of department standards and procedures.
• Travels, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
• Actively participates in external technical seminars, as approved by supervisor.
• Responsible for understanding the entire Code of Conduct and complying with its requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering or his/her designee.
• Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering
• Previous experience on renewable energy projects is preferred.
• A recognized expert with extensive and comprehensive knowledge in area of expertise.
• Extensive and diversified knowledge of relevant codes, standards and engineering principles and practices required to produce safe, efficient, reliable, easy to operate and maintain, and cost effective designs,
• Experienced with various Microsoft software programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experienced in engineering software including XMap, MapInfo, and MicroSite. Knowledgeable of other programs such as Wind Farm, AutoCAD, and Adobe Acrobat a plus.
• Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work well with others and be a good team player
• Good organizational and communication skills.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply