This position is responsible for operating and maintaining the anaerobic digesters and facility equipment in a safe, environmentally sound and efficient manner. Ensures proper operations and preventive and corrective maintenance is performed to assure equipment operability and support the plant production schedule. Operator will make necessary operating adjustments to facility equipment as required and manage the substrate and manure deliveries in accordance with weekly schedule.
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Division/Department: Operations & Maintenance
Location: La Salle, CO
This position is required to works in all areas of the plant site, both indoors and outdoors. Rotating shift work required. From time to time the working hours will be determined on short notice based on plant requirements. Some travel required. Work in confined spaces and at heights greater than 30 ft. required. Work with high temperature, high pressure steam and water systems as well as high pressure gas is required. Work with chemicals is required. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed fumes or airborne particles. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and wet or humid conditions. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and may work with toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, potential risk of electrical shock and vibration. Must be able to work around high voltage. Must be capable of wearing PPE as well as respirators or self-contained breathing apparatus and working in dusty environments such as Confined Spaces.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use written and oral communication skills, read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve complex problems, observe and interpret situations, use math and mathematical reasoning; deal with changing, intensive deadlines, and interact with internal and external clients. Must be able to concentrate while under time constraints.
• Responsible for Local System checks of each equipment and/or system including oil checks, sample gathering, system line-up and isolation.
• Report abnormalities / discrepancies to the Shift Supervisor for work order implementation and possible impact on operations.
• Assist the Shift Supervisor with the Operation of distributed control systems as required.
• Take measurements and readings and compare with standards; implement corrective actions within established procedures.
• Collect influent and effluent samples and perform basic laboratory tests; record influent and effluent flows; monitor flow charts and gauges; adjust and maintain flows as needed for proper treatment.
• Operate plant recovered solids de-watering system and monitor effluent storage lagoons and ponds.
• Perform routine preventive and predictive maintenance on systems and equipment; support corrective maintenance efforts on selected equipment.
• Respond to alarms in a timely manner; operate firefighting equipment as necessary and within reason.
• Maintain professional competence in the field of Biogas operations as auxiliary operator.
• Maintain a safe work environment though job planning, housekeeping and identification and correction of hazards.
• Adhere to all applicable health & safety, environmental and administrative policies, procedures and regulations.
• Takes proper safety precautions to prevent accidents. Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Uses all required safety equipment and follows all safety regulations, policies and procedures. Reports all accidents and damage to property.
• Seeks ways to improve work performance and works with manager’s approval to implement these improvements.
• Attend training, implement and pursue personal development goals.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• High School Graduate or equivalent.
• Prior Power / Process plant experience a plus; preferably with Biogas fuels.
• Ability to productively work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must have strong communication skills and the ability to effectively organize and facilitate process teams.
• Travel to other plant locations and to corporate may be required.
• Thorough knowledge of equipment isolation and LOTO procedures.
• Experience aligning, switching, isolating, and paralleling electrical equipment and systems
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical one-lines, logic drawings, technical manuals and P&ID's.
• Knowledge of the operational characteristics and uses of various machinery and equipment necessary for the performance of assigned duties.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of plant operations.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color distinction with vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace
and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply