Has responsibility for supporting the process of managing company and / or owner's interest in one or more wind or solar energy projects within the US, maximizing project profits and returns. The candidate will oversee projects’ commercial and financial matters and budgets.
Reports to: Director, Generation or designee
Location: San Diego, CA
80% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers, phones, and general office equipment. 20% of the time is spent outside of the office at existing owned projects, at projects being considered for ownership, trade shows, conferences, meeting with government agencies, etc.
• The implementation and supervision of Internal Controls is under the responsibility of every manager within his/her scope of authority.
• Manage all commercial agreements and customers associated with assigned projects.
• Oversee execution of all contract documents/agreements for assigned existing owned projects or third party contracts.
• Oversee owner responsibilities on renewable energy projects.
• Oversight and coordination with the O&M team, creating monthly reports for the Senior Management team regarding all EDF Renewable Energy-owned projects or third party contracts within the region; creates reports as needed for the VP, Generation and/or EDF Renewable Energy Board of Directors.
• Prepares operating budget projections, financial and production variance reports, and other ad hoc reports as required.
• Works directly with Development and O&M personnel during project development stages to ensure Owner considerations are addressed; transitions facilities from Development's Project Manager to Asset Management responsibility and O&M integration and supervision of the facility activities.
• Provides other company personnel with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities. Cross-functional coordination activities throughout the organization as conditions necessitate.
• Interface with the Technical Services Group regarding all technical aspects of Asset Management.
• Assistance on major repair cost replacement, payback analysis, and miscellaneous financial analysis that are performed on a daily basis to maximize return on assets
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the VP, Generation or his/her designee.
• Undergraduate in Business, Finance or other related discipline desired. MBA Preferred.
• Prior experience administering energy projects and/or project financing of renewable energy projects.
• Working knowledge of process and equipment utilized in the independent energy sector
• Thorough understanding of the various ISOs with a strong emphasis on ERCOT and SPP
• Able to demonstrate experience dealing successfully with peers, subordinates, management, and unaffiliated third parties.
• Able to work effectively in Microsoft software programs, including but not limited to Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply